In the midst of the mountains and nature Alvaneu village
The Baroque church (built 1697/1698), tastefully restored houses with paintings and sgraffito, artfully wrought window and balcony railings, and the sulphur springs are just some of the treasures in Alvaneu/Alvagni, which is just 15 minutes away from the centre of Lenzerheide.
The village is located on the southeast slope of Piz Mulain and consists of two factions: Alvaneu village/Alvagni Vitg, positioned on a sun terrace above the Albula valley, and Alvaneu Bad/Alvagni Bogn in the valley floor on the banks of the Albula. Alvaneu village/Alvagni Vitg has been known for its ornamental iron work since the 17th century. The famous forged grave crosses in the cemetery of the Marienkirche in Lantsch/Lenz come from here. Today, the centuries-old tradition of ornamental forging work is continued by the local smithy Roman Platz. The workshop and exhibition rooms can be visited by appointment. Together with the mineral spring of St Moritz Bad, the sulphur springs in Alvaneu Bad/Alvagni Bogn are among the oldest baths in Switzerland. The modern bathroom with wellness facilities was built in 2001. In 1997, the golf course, whose clubhouse is right next to the baths, was expanded to 18 holes. It was awarded the 1st Swiss Golf Award for 2007.